Solvay’s net income increases 15.5% y-o-y, sales down in Q3
Solvay’s underlying earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 6% to €664 million ($738.27 million) in the third quarter. Among its main business segments, Solvay’s EBITDA in performance chemicals rose 4% year over year to €217 million despite a 5% decline in revenue and in functional polymers stood at €76 million, up 25% on the year while their EBITDA in advanced materials was down 2% on a yearly basis to €292 million and in advanced formulations dropped 12% year over year to €114 million in Q3 due to a decrease in oil and gas on the year.
According to the company, underlying EBITDA is expected to post a double digit increase in the fourth quarter, depending on the current market conditions and year to date performance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe