Solvay’s net income increases 15.5% y-o-y, sales down in Q3
Solvay’s underlying earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 6% to €664 million ($738.27 million) in the third quarter. Among its main business segments, Solvay’s EBITDA in performance chemicals rose 4% year over year to €217 million despite a 5% decline in revenue and in functional polymers stood at €76 million, up 25% on the year while their EBITDA in advanced materials was down 2% on a yearly basis to €292 million and in advanced formulations dropped 12% year over year to €114 million in Q3 due to a decrease in oil and gas on the year.
According to the company, underlying EBITDA is expected to post a double digit increase in the fourth quarter, depending on the current market conditions and year to date performance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe