Solvay’s net income increases 15.5% y-o-y, sales down in Q3
Solvay’s underlying earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) increased 6% to €664 million ($738.27 million) in the third quarter. Among its main business segments, Solvay’s EBITDA in performance chemicals rose 4% year over year to €217 million despite a 5% decline in revenue and in functional polymers stood at €76 million, up 25% on the year while their EBITDA in advanced materials was down 2% on a yearly basis to €292 million and in advanced formulations dropped 12% year over year to €114 million in Q3 due to a decrease in oil and gas on the year.
According to the company, underlying EBITDA is expected to post a double digit increase in the fourth quarter, depending on the current market conditions and year to date performance.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?