South Africa’s economic growth slows to 1.3% in 2015
Because of severe drought conditions, agricultural production fell by 8.4%, posting the largest annual decline seen since 1995 while the electricity, gas and water supply dropped 1% last year. South Africa’s manufacturing industry followed a mostly stable track in 2015, marginally growing by 0.1% from a year earlier.
The mining industry, meanwhile, posted the highest growth of any industrial category, expanding by 3% in 2015 in line with increased platinum group metal production.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months