South Africa to begin shale gas exploration in a year
So far, South Africa’s plans to begin shale gas drilling have been delayed due to environmental and economic concerns. Environmentalists claim that any exploration in the Karoo region may poison the region’s underground water supply.
Meanwhile, Royal Dutch Shell expressed their willingness to seek a license to conduct drilling activities in the region. The company reported that they are planning to spend $200 million for the first exploration phase of six wells if they are awarded a license.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months