South African PE markets see hikes in January
These changes brought the latest levels to $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film, $1440-1460/ton for LDPE film and $1130-1150/ton for LLDPE C4 film, all on CIF, cash basis.
“Allocations are limited and several sellers refrained from offering this month. Market discussions focus on a continued tightness for February, but we expect to see US materials next month. This might help balance the supply,” a trader based in Durban commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon
- PP sellers trim May offers further, prices hit 3-month low in Europe