South African distributor receives Aug PE offers from Saudi major
According to his report, the Saudi major’s August PE offers are at $1280-1300/ton for LDPE film and at $1240-1260/ton for HDPE film and LLDPE film, all on a CFR Durban, South Africa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
The distributor said, “The market activity is slow due to the strike on the oil and petrol sector. Players are observing this situation to follow the impacts on the market. Meanwhile, high exchange rates are hampering the market activity and demand is quite slow. Import offers are reasonable, however players are not feeling safe to make any import purchases. We expect this slow market trend to persist until September.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand