South African distributor receives Mid-Eastern PE for December
The distributor received LDPE film at $1580/ton, HDPE film at $1570-1580/ton and LLDPE c4 film at $1590/ton on a CIF Durban South Africa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“We received the abovementioned prices but we have not received any HDPE blow moulding or injection offers from a major Saudi Arabian producer yet. Plus, the producer appears adamant to maintain their new offer levels for the rest of the month. Meanwhile, the local producer Sasol’s LDPE and LLDPE supplies are reported to be more comfortable than November, but they are still not deemed to be ample. The producer’s January prices are also said to be 6% lower in the market than November,” he added. The local producer Sasol generally offers a month ahead of time to the local market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PP, PE markets take a break from firming trend in June?
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe