South African distributor receives Mid-Eastern PE for December
The distributor received LDPE film at $1580/ton, HDPE film at $1570-1580/ton and LLDPE c4 film at $1590/ton on a CIF Durban South Africa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
“We received the abovementioned prices but we have not received any HDPE blow moulding or injection offers from a major Saudi Arabian producer yet. Plus, the producer appears adamant to maintain their new offer levels for the rest of the month. Meanwhile, the local producer Sasol’s LDPE and LLDPE supplies are reported to be more comfortable than November, but they are still not deemed to be ample. The producer’s January prices are also said to be 6% lower in the market than November,” he added. The local producer Sasol generally offers a month ahead of time to the local market.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September