South African players receive May import and local PE prices
Meanwhile, the trader also received new May PE prices from local producers with ZAR800/ton ($67/ton) hikes. Accordingly, Safripol’s HDPE film prices stand at ZAR17650/ton ($1302/ton w/o VAT) on FD Johannesburg, South Africa, cash inc 14% VAT basis while Sasol’s LDPE film prices stand at ZAR16850/ton ($1243/ton w/o VAT) and their LLDPE film prices are at ZAR17150/ton ($1265/ton w/o VAT) with the same terms.
“Both import and local prices indicate increases from April. The Saudi producer’s May supplies are very tight while Sasol’s LDPE film supplies are relatively more comfortable when compared with last month. Meanwhile, we are waiting for another Saudi Arabian producer’s offers, but we have not heard them yet. This particular producer’s allocations have been very tight during the previous months. On another note, demand remains restricted to buyers’ needs while supply constraints also cause buyers to refrain from restocking cargoes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull