South African players receive May import and local PE prices
Meanwhile, the trader also received new May PE prices from local producers with ZAR800/ton ($67/ton) hikes. Accordingly, Safripol’s HDPE film prices stand at ZAR17650/ton ($1302/ton w/o VAT) on FD Johannesburg, South Africa, cash inc 14% VAT basis while Sasol’s LDPE film prices stand at ZAR16850/ton ($1243/ton w/o VAT) and their LLDPE film prices are at ZAR17150/ton ($1265/ton w/o VAT) with the same terms.
“Both import and local prices indicate increases from April. The Saudi producer’s May supplies are very tight while Sasol’s LDPE film supplies are relatively more comfortable when compared with last month. Meanwhile, we are waiting for another Saudi Arabian producer’s offers, but we have not heard them yet. This particular producer’s allocations have been very tight during the previous months. On another note, demand remains restricted to buyers’ needs while supply constraints also cause buyers to refrain from restocking cargoes.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect