South African trader: March outlook is firm
In the import market, the trader said that a major Saudi Arabian producer’s PE offers are indicating up to $140/ton decreases from January. However, he also commented that overall supplies from the Saudi producer are limited, especially for HDPE film, causing their HDPE film prices to carry a premium over their LDPE film prices.
The trader offers Saudi HDPE film at $1280/ton while they offer LLDPE c4 film and LDPE film at $1260/ton on a CFR Durban, South Africa, 90 days deferred payment basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia