South African trader: PE buyers reluctant to make purchases
“Sasol lifted their LLDPE and HDPE film offers while they lowered their LDPE film prices. In general, prices are increasing in global markets but buyers are generally unwilling to commit to fresh purchases amidst limited demand. Plus, increasing dollar exchange rates against the local currency, the rand, is another factor that hinders purchases,” he added.
The trader received Saudi Arabian HDPE and LLDPE c4 film at $1320/ton and LDPE film at $1340/ton on a CFR Durban, South Africa, 90 days deferred payment basis. Meanwhile, he received South African HDPE film at ZAR32000/ton ($1837/ton without VAT) and LDPE film at ZAR19110/ton ($1097/ton without VAT) on an FD Johannesburg, South Africa, 45 days deferred payment basis including 14% VAT.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand