South Korea keeps interest rates at record low of 1.5%
The central bank reported that they plan to wait to see the effects of the US Fed’s possible rate hike decision on the global economy before taking their next move. The US Federal Reserve may increase rates at its monthly policy meeting on December 15-16.
South Korea’s economy grew 1.3% on a seasonally adjusted basis in the third quarter, posting the fastest growth rate since the second quarter of 2010. The revised quarterly growth rate topped earlier projections of 1.2% for the July-September period as well as the growth rate of 0.3% posted in the second quarter of 2015. In October, the BOK reported that they expect to see growth of 3.2% and a 1.7% inflation rate in2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge