South Korea keeps interest rates at record low of 1.5%
The central bank reported that they plan to wait to see the effects of the US Fed’s possible rate hike decision on the global economy before taking their next move. The US Federal Reserve may increase rates at its monthly policy meeting on December 15-16.
South Korea’s economy grew 1.3% on a seasonally adjusted basis in the third quarter, posting the fastest growth rate since the second quarter of 2010. The revised quarterly growth rate topped earlier projections of 1.2% for the July-September period as well as the growth rate of 0.3% posted in the second quarter of 2015. In October, the BOK reported that they expect to see growth of 3.2% and a 1.7% inflation rate in2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?