South Korea’s GDP slows in Q3
Contributing to the growth, construction climbed 10.6% on an annual basis because of the increase in residential building construction. However, this still posted a decrease from 12.4% in Q2. Private consumption increased 2.7% on the year on the back of the growth in expenditures on non-durable goods and services, down from 3.3% in Q2. Construction investment was slightly up by 11.4% on the year when compared to the 10.8% in Q2.
Exports rose 2.7% on a yearly basis on the back of demand for semiconductors and chemical products from 1.9% in Q2. Imports also increased 4.9% on a yearly basis, from 3.3% in Q2. However, facility investment decreased 4.2%, from 2.7% in Q2.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows