South Korea's Hanwha to shut PVC plants as planned
The company’s shutdown involves a 240,000 tons/year caustic soda plant, 230,000 tons/year EDC plant, two VCM plants with capacities of 200,000 tons/year and 73,000 tons/year and a 400,000 tons/year PVC plant.
The company also shut its 400,000 tons/year PVC plant for 7-10 days and 180,000 tons/year VCM plant for 25 days in Yeosu for a turnaround last week, according to sources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs