South Korea’s LG Chem, China’s CNOOC delay start up of their ABS JV
The 150,000 tons/year second phase will double the plant’s capacity to 300,000 tons/year and it will also help LG Chemical to become Asia’s largest ABS producer with a total production capacity of 1.8 million tons/year.
The feedstock needed for the plant is reportedly sourced from CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company Limited’s steam cracker and petrochemical complex at Nanhai, in Guangdong.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market