South Korea’s LG Chemical posts stronger Q2 earnings
The company’s sales gained 3.2% on a quarterly basis to KRW5.07 trillion ($4.39 billion) in the first quarter of this year while operating profit surged 55.7% to KRW563.4 billion ($487.3 million) on a quarterly basis while posting an increase of 56.7% on a yearly basis.
Meanwhile, basic materials and chemicals showed an improved performance in the quarter due to sales growth for premium products. The statement forecasted that earnings for the basic materials and chemicals segment would keep rising on the back of strong seasonal demand.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops