South Korea’s Q3 economic growth revised up to 1.3%
The revised growth rate was attributed to the government’s stimulus measures, such as reducing taxes for large purchases and loosening regulations for home buyers, following the outbreak of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in May. However, economists are skeptical about whether the growth will be sustainable as it was fully driven by government stimulus, which will expire soon.
Meanwhile, South Korea’s exports declined for the 11th consecutive month in November, falling 4.7% from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET prices weaken further in Asia and Mediterranean
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low