South Korea’s Q3 economic growth revised up to 1.3%
The revised growth rate was attributed to the government’s stimulus measures, such as reducing taxes for large purchases and loosening regulations for home buyers, following the outbreak of the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) in May. However, economists are skeptical about whether the growth will be sustainable as it was fully driven by government stimulus, which will expire soon.
Meanwhile, South Korea’s exports declined for the 11th consecutive month in November, falling 4.7% from a year earlier.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?
- Caution reigns China PP market amid scant demand, low import supply
- Major producer leads way in higher April PP, PE pricing in Saudi Arabia
- European PVC set to rise for 11th month in April
- Suez Canal blockage: Global shipping faces another challenge
- Aggressive PP offers from China continue to find way to Turkey, Vietnam
- Stats: China’s total PE imports in Jan-Feb hit fresh record high