South Korea’s S-Oil posts loss in Q3
S-Oil’s sales fell 39% from a year earlier to KRW4.43 trillion ($3.92 billion) due to maintenance works while the company swung to an operating profit of KRW12.4 billion ($10.9 million) compared with an operating loss of KRW38.3 billion ($33.9 million) a year earlier.
Meanwhile, the company’s petrochemicals unit posted an operating income of KRW88 billion ($77.9 million) from sales worth around KRW610 billion ($540.5 million).
According to S-Oil, oil demand will improve in the fourth quarter on the back of stronger demand for heating oil from Asia. The company added that they expect that North America and Asia will drive the global oil demand in 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe