South Korea’s S-Oil swings to a net profit in Q3
The stronger financial results were attributed to foreign exchange gains. The company’s sales increased 11.1% on a yearly basis to 692,000 barrels/day (b/d) in the third quarter when compared to 623,000 b/d in the same period of last year while sales decreased 1.7% from 704,000 b/d in the previous quarter.
The company’s revenue was down 6.5% on a yearly basis to KRW4.14 trillion ($3.63 billion) in Q3 when compared to KRW4.43 trillion in the same period of the last year due to lower prices.
Meanwhile, the company posted an operating profit of KRW116.2 billion ($101.6 million) in the third quarter, rising rapidly almost seven times from KRW16 billion in the same period of 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year