South Korea’s economy accelerates in Q1
According to data, investment in the construction sector rose 7.4% in the first three months following a decrease of 7.8% in the last quarter of the previous year.
Meanwhile, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) cut their economic growth forecast for South Korea to 3% this year from 3.8% due to increasing household debt, a subdued rise in private consumption, lower exports and the appreciation of the won against the Japanese yen.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question