South Korea’s economy accelerates in Q1
According to data, investment in the construction sector rose 7.4% in the first three months following a decrease of 7.8% in the last quarter of the previous year.
Meanwhile, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) cut their economic growth forecast for South Korea to 3% this year from 3.8% due to increasing household debt, a subdued rise in private consumption, lower exports and the appreciation of the won against the Japanese yen.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets