South Korea’s economy accelerates in Q1
According to data, investment in the construction sector rose 7.4% in the first three months following a decrease of 7.8% in the last quarter of the previous year.
Meanwhile, the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) cut their economic growth forecast for South Korea to 3% this year from 3.8% due to increasing household debt, a subdued rise in private consumption, lower exports and the appreciation of the won against the Japanese yen.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China