South Korea’s economy grows in Q3
On a yearly basis, the country’s economy posted an increase of 3.2%, which points to a slower rate of increase compared to the 3.5% growth posted in the same period of the previous year.
The Bank of Korea cut its forecasts for 2014’s economic growth rate to 3.5% from to 3.8% in the beginning of October. The central bank also trimmed its growth estimates to 3.9% from 4.0% for 2015.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons