South Korea’s exports fall 8.2% on year in March
Exports of oil products and petrochemicals slumped 41.6% and 9%, respectively due to lower oil prices while display panel shipments posted a double-digit fall amid lower product prices and ship exports also declined 28.9%.
South Korea’s exports to the European Union climbed 12.7% due while shipments to Vietnam and India rose more than 11% in line with higher demand for chips and mobile phones. However, shipments to China declined 12.2% on the year in following a decrease of 12.9% in February.
Imports, meanwhile, fell 13.8% year over year to $33.2 billion in March, declining at a slower pace than economists’ expectations of a 15.3% drop. The data also revealed that South Korea’s trade surplus widened to $9.82 billion in March from $7.39 billion in the preceding month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem