South Korea’s factory output misses estimates in October
On an annual basis, the country’s industrial production fell 3.2% in October after posting a 1.9% increase in the previous month. The decrease was attributed to weak demand both at home and abroad. However, it was reported that the country’s service sector expanded by a seasonally adjusted rate of 0.8% on a monthly basis in October following a 0.2% gain posted in September.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons