South Korea’s industrial output climbs 2.3% in June
The data revealed that output in the automobile industry rose 3.1% in June from a month earlier while production in the service sector declined 1.7%. Production in the construction sector climbed 3.9% on the month and 0.5% compared with the same month of 2014. The country’s business investment also climbed 3.8% from May owing to higher spending in general machinery purchases and transportation equipment. Business investment rose 11.9% in June compared with the same month of 2014.
Meanwhile, South Korea’s capacity utilization rate increased to 75.2% in June, up by 2% compared with the previous month.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia