South Korean ABS dealt with decreases for May in Turkey
Accordingly, the most recent deals for South Korean origins were reported at $1740-1750/ton for ABS natural, $1890/ton for white and $1860/ton for black grade, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
A trader who replenished some stocks with $80/ton decreases said, “We already expected to receive lower prices for May considering the decreasing trend in China, where the sentiment was dominated by dropping energy and styrene costs.”
Another trader mentioned, “We concluded deals with our Korean source with slight discounts from their initial announcements. We have already sold almost the half of our volumes as prompt availability is tight these days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP, PE rally wavers in Türkiye; March outlook under discussion
- Crude oil prices seesaw on geopolitics and ebbing demand
- China’s local PP markets return on a cautiously firm note, defying weak fundamentals
- Mid-Eastern PP, PE markets rise in February after three months of weakness
- Stats: China’s 2023 PE imports snap two-year downfall despite rapidly growing domestic capacities
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom