South Korean ABS dealt with decreases for May in Turkey
Accordingly, the most recent deals for South Korean origins were reported at $1740-1750/ton for ABS natural, $1890/ton for white and $1860/ton for black grade, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
A trader who replenished some stocks with $80/ton decreases said, “We already expected to receive lower prices for May considering the decreasing trend in China, where the sentiment was dominated by dropping energy and styrene costs.”
Another trader mentioned, “We concluded deals with our Korean source with slight discounts from their initial announcements. We have already sold almost the half of our volumes as prompt availability is tight these days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East