South Korean ABS dealt with decreases for May in Turkey
Accordingly, the most recent deals for South Korean origins were reported at $1740-1750/ton for ABS natural, $1890/ton for white and $1860/ton for black grade, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
A trader who replenished some stocks with $80/ton decreases said, “We already expected to receive lower prices for May considering the decreasing trend in China, where the sentiment was dominated by dropping energy and styrene costs.”
Another trader mentioned, “We concluded deals with our Korean source with slight discounts from their initial announcements. We have already sold almost the half of our volumes as prompt availability is tight these days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record