South Korean ABS dealt with decreases for May in Turkey
Accordingly, the most recent deals for South Korean origins were reported at $1740-1750/ton for ABS natural, $1890/ton for white and $1860/ton for black grade, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty.
A trader who replenished some stocks with $80/ton decreases said, “We already expected to receive lower prices for May considering the decreasing trend in China, where the sentiment was dominated by dropping energy and styrene costs.”
Another trader mentioned, “We concluded deals with our Korean source with slight discounts from their initial announcements. We have already sold almost the half of our volumes as prompt availability is tight these days.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe