South Korean ABS dealt with discounts in Turkey
A trader reported purchasing some July shipment cargos from his South Korean supplier at $1700/ton for ABS natural and $1940/ton for ABS white, all on CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis. A discount of $50/ton was obtained on natural grade and a discount of $60/ton for white grade. “We don’t expect to see sharp changes in the ABS market since supply may tighten over the medium term considering thin replenishment activities amidst weak sentiment,” the trader noted.
The prevailing South Korean ABS prices in China stand at $1615-1625/ton CFR China, which shows that prices in Turkey for this origin remain under downwards pressure.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops