South Korean ABS dealt with discounts in Turkey
A trader reported purchasing some July shipment cargos from his South Korean supplier at $1700/ton for ABS natural and $1940/ton for ABS white, all on CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis. A discount of $50/ton was obtained on natural grade and a discount of $60/ton for white grade. “We don’t expect to see sharp changes in the ABS market since supply may tighten over the medium term considering thin replenishment activities amidst weak sentiment,” the trader noted.
The prevailing South Korean ABS prices in China stand at $1615-1625/ton CFR China, which shows that prices in Turkey for this origin remain under downwards pressure.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?