South Korean ABS producer issues June prices to Turkey
Import ABS prices have been on a decreasing trend since April in line with weakening Asian markets. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, prices for ABS natural injection have declined by around $80/ton on a weekly average basis during the last two months. The main triggers behind decreases were falling feedstock costs for spot styrene and butadiene in Asia as well as slowing demand.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Spot styrene prices were down by around $60/ton on an FOB Korea basis over the month of May. Spot butadiene prices fell by around $100/ton in the period with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years