South Korean ABS producer issues June prices to Turkey
Import ABS prices have been on a decreasing trend since April in line with weakening Asian markets. According to ChemOrbis Price Index, prices for ABS natural injection have declined by around $80/ton on a weekly average basis during the last two months. The main triggers behind decreases were falling feedstock costs for spot styrene and butadiene in Asia as well as slowing demand.
Source: ChemOrbis Price Wizard
Spot styrene prices were down by around $60/ton on an FOB Korea basis over the month of May. Spot butadiene prices fell by around $100/ton in the period with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS