South Korean ABS producer reveals August prices in Turkey
“We are planning to replenish minimum amounts from our South Korean supplier even after their reduction since demand is not encouraging in Turkey at the moment. Plus, we already have lots of material in stock and on the way,” the trader said. Meanwhile, she lamented that Iranian materials are now entering the market smoothly given eased sanctions against the country. This creates extra pressure on distributors, she added.
A second trader expects to receive fresh ABS offers from his South Korean supplier later this week. “We expect to receive initial offers with rollovers for the approaching month. Prices may hold flat at $1670/ton for natural and $2000/ton for white grade, CIF Turkey, cash no duty,” he opined.
Import ABS prices were reported to be mostly steady over the week in China, while they were down $30-70/ton in Southeast Asia. Considering the recent South Korean ABS natural prices at $1500/ton in China, offers in Turkey have some further room to decline for this origin in the days to come. Spot styrene, butadiene and ACN prices posted decreases over the week in tandem with falling crude oil costs.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe