South Korean ABS producer trims initial Nov hikes in Turkey
The South Korean producer revealed an increase of $60/ton for the new month bringing its prices to $1500/ton for ABS natural CIF Turkey, cash no duty after not offering for that grade for October. “We replaced some quantity at $1470/ton with the same terms following our negotiation,” a Turkish trader reported. Meanwhile, the Korean supplier maintained its ABS white price at $1650/ton, a rollover from October before conceding to $1590/ton on deals.
Import ABS injection prices in Turkey were on a bullish trend for the last 3 months in a row. The firming was reinforced throughout October on the back of rising feedstock costs. Driven by higher crude oil prices, which hit around $51/barrel on average on the NYMEX by mid-October according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot styrene costs in Asia soared $65/ton on FOB Korea basis during October, while butadiene prices climbed $130/ton with the same terms in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops