South Korean ABS producer trims initial Nov hikes in Turkey
The South Korean producer revealed an increase of $60/ton for the new month bringing its prices to $1500/ton for ABS natural CIF Turkey, cash no duty after not offering for that grade for October. “We replaced some quantity at $1470/ton with the same terms following our negotiation,” a Turkish trader reported. Meanwhile, the Korean supplier maintained its ABS white price at $1650/ton, a rollover from October before conceding to $1590/ton on deals.
Import ABS injection prices in Turkey were on a bullish trend for the last 3 months in a row. The firming was reinforced throughout October on the back of rising feedstock costs. Driven by higher crude oil prices, which hit around $51/barrel on average on the NYMEX by mid-October according to ChemOrbis Price Wizard, spot styrene costs in Asia soared $65/ton on FOB Korea basis during October, while butadiene prices climbed $130/ton with the same terms in the period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports