South Korean ABS producers aim for hikes in Turkey
A South Korean supplier revealed their April prices at $1800/ton for ABS natural and $2000/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty. These offers indicate $40/ton hikes from the most recent March levels. “We received higher levels from our producer but found them high. Thus, we will try to negotiate with our supplier,” a trader said.
A second South Korean producer announced their fresh prices at $1720/ton for ABS natural and at $1950/ton for ABS white with the same terms. Those price levels were up $70-80/ton month over month, according to a trader who received them. “The local ABS market is firm given higher imports and limited prompt supplies,” a trader who was offered those figures argued.
Spot styrene costs rose by almost $90/ton on an FOB South Korea basis week over week. Spot butadiene prices edged up by $10/ton in the same period. When compared to early March, prices gained $50/ton for styrene and $110/ton for butadiene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months