South Korean ABS producers aim for hikes in Turkey
A South Korean supplier revealed their April prices at $1800/ton for ABS natural and $2000/ton for ABS white, all CIF Turkey, cash no duty. These offers indicate $40/ton hikes from the most recent March levels. “We received higher levels from our producer but found them high. Thus, we will try to negotiate with our supplier,” a trader said.
A second South Korean producer announced their fresh prices at $1720/ton for ABS natural and at $1950/ton for ABS white with the same terms. Those price levels were up $70-80/ton month over month, according to a trader who received them. “The local ABS market is firm given higher imports and limited prompt supplies,” a trader who was offered those figures argued.
Spot styrene costs rose by almost $90/ton on an FOB South Korea basis week over week. Spot butadiene prices edged up by $10/ton in the same period. When compared to early March, prices gained $50/ton for styrene and $110/ton for butadiene.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East