South Korean ABS sellers trim April hike requests in Turkey
Overall, South Korean ABS offers were pegged at $1650-1770/ton for natural, $1970-2000/ton for white and $1920/ton for black grade, all on CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis. “We purchased some natural at the low end of the range, $70/ton below our supplier’s initial levels,” said a trader.
Players expect the market to sustain its strength on the back of higher styrene and butadiene prices in Asia. Spot styrene and butadiene prices surged around $50/ton on the week on an FOB South Korea basis even as spot ACN prices softened $25/ton on a CFR Far East Asia.
In China, ABS prices are expected to witness some increases over the near term in line with firmer costs, supported by the heavy maintenance season in South Korea. Players are also expecting demand to improve with the start of the high season for manufacturing.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions