South Korean PPRC pipe prices retreat in Turkey
This week, South Korean PPRC pipe type 3 prices posted further decreases of $20-50/ton for April to be reported at $1400-1430/ton with the same terms.
Expectations call for further price cuts for this grade over the coming days as demand remains mediocre given the fact that converters are not in a hurry to buy material. “We have some en-route materials that are due to arrive in 7-10 days. Moreover, a supplier of ours told us to wait for next week as more competitive prices could emerge from Korean sources,” said a pipe manufacturer.
Not only lower spot propylene costs in Asia compared to early March but also the smaller than expected hikes in April propylene settlements in Europe and the news that LyondellBasell is set to resume operations at its Brindisi PP plant support the softening expectations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years