South Korean PPRC pipe prices retreat in Turkey
This week, South Korean PPRC pipe type 3 prices posted further decreases of $20-50/ton for April to be reported at $1400-1430/ton with the same terms.
Expectations call for further price cuts for this grade over the coming days as demand remains mediocre given the fact that converters are not in a hurry to buy material. “We have some en-route materials that are due to arrive in 7-10 days. Moreover, a supplier of ours told us to wait for next week as more competitive prices could emerge from Korean sources,” said a pipe manufacturer.
Not only lower spot propylene costs in Asia compared to early March but also the smaller than expected hikes in April propylene settlements in Europe and the news that LyondellBasell is set to resume operations at its Brindisi PP plant support the softening expectations.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan