South Korean PVC offers competitive edge in SE Asia
In Southeast Asia, the Taiwanese producer revealed its PVC offers at $870/ton CIF, cash while a few buyers reported receiving even lower offers from the producer at $850/ton with the same terms.
The overall range for import PVC k67-68 prices is currently quoted at $800-870/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. Within the range, South Korean offers stand at $800-850/ton CIF, cash.
A Malaysian trader offering Korean PVC at $830/ton CIF SEA, cash stated that they are still open to negotiations on this level while another trader stated that they are offering Korean PVC k67 at $800/ton CIF, cash, stating, “We are seeing very good demand from regional buyers at the moment.”
Meanwhile, a Southeast Asian producer reported concluding deals at $835/ton CIF SEA, cash, with a producer source commenting, “We are surprised to hear that the major Taiwanese producer has already sold out his allocation. Demand is improving, but buyers are still pushing for lower levels.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback