South Korean PVC offers competitive edge in SE Asia
In Southeast Asia, the Taiwanese producer revealed its PVC offers at $870/ton CIF, cash while a few buyers reported receiving even lower offers from the producer at $850/ton with the same terms.
The overall range for import PVC k67-68 prices is currently quoted at $800-870/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. Within the range, South Korean offers stand at $800-850/ton CIF, cash.
A Malaysian trader offering Korean PVC at $830/ton CIF SEA, cash stated that they are still open to negotiations on this level while another trader stated that they are offering Korean PVC k67 at $800/ton CIF, cash, stating, “We are seeing very good demand from regional buyers at the moment.”
Meanwhile, a Southeast Asian producer reported concluding deals at $835/ton CIF SEA, cash, with a producer source commenting, “We are surprised to hear that the major Taiwanese producer has already sold out his allocation. Demand is improving, but buyers are still pushing for lower levels.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe’s dumping case on US and Egyptian PVC: A look at early reactions and possible impacts on trade flows
- Aggressive US PE prices find way to Türkiye, Africa amid year-end stock clearing
- PLAST EURASIA 2023: Players discuss PP, PE outlook amid financial challenges
- Stats: India’s Jan-Sep PVC imports surge, China takes the lion’s share despite safeguard investigation
- Sentiment weakens across African PP, PE markets in November
- HDPE film drops faster than other two main PE film grades in China
- PE prices see larger drops than C2 in Italy, unlike West Europe
- Weak demand sends Türkiye’s styrenics markets to multi-month lows
- Bearish sentiment spills over to Middle Eastern PP, PE markets in November
- Dull demand dents PE outlook in SE Asia for rest of year