South Korean PVC offers competitive edge in SE Asia
In Southeast Asia, the Taiwanese producer revealed its PVC offers at $870/ton CIF, cash while a few buyers reported receiving even lower offers from the producer at $850/ton with the same terms.
The overall range for import PVC k67-68 prices is currently quoted at $800-870/ton on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. Within the range, South Korean offers stand at $800-850/ton CIF, cash.
A Malaysian trader offering Korean PVC at $830/ton CIF SEA, cash stated that they are still open to negotiations on this level while another trader stated that they are offering Korean PVC k67 at $800/ton CIF, cash, stating, “We are seeing very good demand from regional buyers at the moment.”
Meanwhile, a Southeast Asian producer reported concluding deals at $835/ton CIF SEA, cash, with a producer source commenting, “We are surprised to hear that the major Taiwanese producer has already sold out his allocation. Demand is improving, but buyers are still pushing for lower levels.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers