South Korean economy grows 3.3% in Q2
GDP also posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8% on the year from the previous initial reading of 0.7% in July.
Contributing to the growth, construction climbed 12.4 percent on an annual basis because of the increase in residential building construction and private consumption increased 3.3% from the first quarter of 2016. Construction investment was also up 10.8% on the year.
Exports rose 1.9% on the back of demand for semiconductors and chemical products. Imports also increased 3.3% on a yearly basis. However, facility investment decreased 2.7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem