South Korean economy grows 3.3% in Q2
GDP also posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8% on the year from the previous initial reading of 0.7% in July.
Contributing to the growth, construction climbed 12.4 percent on an annual basis because of the increase in residential building construction and private consumption increased 3.3% from the first quarter of 2016. Construction investment was also up 10.8% on the year.
Exports rose 1.9% on the back of demand for semiconductors and chemical products. Imports also increased 3.3% on a yearly basis. However, facility investment decreased 2.7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?