South Korean economy grows 3.3% in Q2
GDP also posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8% on the year from the previous initial reading of 0.7% in July.
Contributing to the growth, construction climbed 12.4 percent on an annual basis because of the increase in residential building construction and private consumption increased 3.3% from the first quarter of 2016. Construction investment was also up 10.8% on the year.
Exports rose 1.9% on the back of demand for semiconductors and chemical products. Imports also increased 3.3% on a yearly basis. However, facility investment decreased 2.7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports