South Korean economy grows 3.3% in Q2
GDP also posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8% on the year from the previous initial reading of 0.7% in July.
Contributing to the growth, construction climbed 12.4 percent on an annual basis because of the increase in residential building construction and private consumption increased 3.3% from the first quarter of 2016. Construction investment was also up 10.8% on the year.
Exports rose 1.9% on the back of demand for semiconductors and chemical products. Imports also increased 3.3% on a yearly basis. However, facility investment decreased 2.7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops