South Korean economy grows 3.3% in Q2
GDP also posted a seasonally adjusted increase of 0.8% on the year from the previous initial reading of 0.7% in July.
Contributing to the growth, construction climbed 12.4 percent on an annual basis because of the increase in residential building construction and private consumption increased 3.3% from the first quarter of 2016. Construction investment was also up 10.8% on the year.
Exports rose 1.9% on the back of demand for semiconductors and chemical products. Imports also increased 3.3% on a yearly basis. However, facility investment decreased 2.7%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed
- HDPE moves below LDPE, LLDPE after almost two years in Asia
- Price gap between PS and styrene widens in Asia
- Turkey's polymer imports rebound in Q3; will 2019 end with a smaller-than-expected fall?
- China's PE imports hit a new record of 12 m tons in first 3 quarters