South Korean producer cuts HIPS offers to China
According to the agent, the producer cut its HIPS injection offers by $30/ton on the week to $1450/ton on a CIF China, cash basis. The producer’s ABS offer remained stable at $1700/ton with the same terms.
“The producer continues to sell its April allocation. Demand remains below expectations, but it is improving when compared to March. The impact of the maintenance shutdowns at several styrene and butadiene plants has been counterbalanced by high supply levels at the ports in China,” the agent commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upsurge continues to wreak havoc on Turkey’s PP, PE markets
- PVC rally roars back in Asia as supply worries mount
- China PP, PE markets join global rally after Lunar New Year holiday
- PE, PP and PVC supply crunch exacerbated on US absence, traditional trade flows upended
- European PP, PE markets set for 5th bullish month as shortage bites
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins