South Korean producer cuts HIPS offers to China
According to the agent, the producer cut its HIPS injection offers by $30/ton on the week to $1450/ton on a CIF China, cash basis. The producer’s ABS offer remained stable at $1700/ton with the same terms.
“The producer continues to sell its April allocation. Demand remains below expectations, but it is improving when compared to March. The impact of the maintenance shutdowns at several styrene and butadiene plants has been counterbalanced by high supply levels at the ports in China,” the agent commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?