South Korean producer cuts export PET prices
When compared to last week, the producer declined its prices by $10/ton to $980/ton FOB South Korea, cash.
The source opined, “Although buyers make inquiries frequently when prices are on a downturn, demand from Europe is not doing well.”
Some players argued that sellers in the PET market have not been able to keep their prices stable when oil futures have been trading below $50/bbl both on NYMEX and Brent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September