South Korean producer issues PS, ABS hikes to Turkey
The South Korean producer applied increases of $70-80/ton for GPPS and HIPS, bringing their latest offers to $1300/ton and $1350/ton, respectively, CIF Turkey, cash no duty. The supplier also raised their ABS natural injection price by $50/ton week over week to $1550/ton with the same terms.
A trader who received these offers said, “Our supplier did not reveal any prices for ABS white or black this time. Meanwhile, they were not able to give GPPS over the past 1 month.”
“We are not planning to replace any stocks at those higher levels at the moment as demand in Turkey is not promising heading to the year-end which makes it difficult to reflect rising costs of imports to the locally-held market. Most buyers keep their activity in check given the record low TL/USD parity,” another trader said.
Spot styrene costs on FOB South Korea basis were last reported at around $1160/ton on Friday, down $25/ton week over week but they represented an increase of $125/ton since early November. Spot butadiene prices soared $125/ton to be reported at $1460/ton with the same terms on the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem