South Korean producer reveals June PVC offers to India
The Korean producer’s hike decision surprised some players who were expecting to receive rollovers or slight decreases for June, citing weak demand ahead of the upcoming monsoon season.
The emergence of June offers from the South Korean producer ahead of the awaited announcements from a major Taiwanese producer also caught Asian players by surprise. The Taiwanese major, who generally pioneers monthly announcements, is expected to reveal its June offers next week.
The trader noted, “Some players heard that the Taiwanese major may reveal its June prices with increases as well after May offers posted a sharp decrease of $80/ton.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint