Southeast Asia’s import PET market hits 4 month-high
In Asia, spot MEG prices are currently standing around $50/ton higher when compared to early July while PTA prices also posted a $40/ton increase within the same period.
Data from ChemOrbis Price Index shows that import PET prices on a weekly average basis have reached their highest levels since the second half of March, after posting increases for three consecutive weeks.
A source from a Chinese producer reported that their offers to the region increased by $30/ton from two weeks ago and attributed this to higher feedstock costs.
A buyer operating in the Vietnamese market noted, “We are planning to make some PET purchases nowadays since both MEG and PTA prices have raised a lot recently.”
A converter in Indonesia also commented, “We expect PET prices to sustain the current firming trend in the days ahead with the support of upstream and crude oil.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low