Southeast Asian producer reduces PS prices to the region
“We have managed to conclude a few deals for HIPS since our most recent price reduction, but GPPS deals remain scarce. We do not expect to see any major improvement in demand this month as trading activity will be dampened by year end book closures,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $1295-1450/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis for GPPS and at $1395-1530/ton with the same terms for HIPS.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic