Southeast Asian producer reduces PS prices to the region
“We have managed to conclude a few deals for HIPS since our most recent price reduction, but GPPS deals remain scarce. We do not expect to see any major improvement in demand this month as trading activity will be dampened by year end book closures,” a producer source commented.
Import prices currently stand at $1295-1450/ton CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis for GPPS and at $1395-1530/ton with the same terms for HIPS.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm