Southeast Asian producer reduces PS prices
“We are still struggling to conclude deals even after agreeing to our most recent price reduction. We are reluctant to implement any further price reductions, although we may consider giving some discounts to buyers placing firm bids,” a producer source commented.
Import PS prices in Southeast Asia currently stand at $1500-1620/ton for GPPS and at $1620-1640/ton for HIPS, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June