Southeast Asian producer reveals February PP, PE prices
The producer’s new February prices stand at $1150/ton for LDPE film, at $1140/ton for HDPE film, injection, blow moulding and yarn, at $1100/ton for homo-PP injection and raffia and at $1150/ton for PP block copolymer, all on a CIF/CFR Southeast Asia/China, cash basis.
A source from the producer reported that they have already managed to conclude some PP and PE deals to China at their initially levels.
The source commented, “Demand in China is better when compared to the Southeast Asian market, where buyers are still expecting to see further decreases. Hence, we are struggling to sell to regional markets while we were able to conclude deals in China.”
In Southeast Asia, import PP prices currently stand at $980-1120/ton for homo-PP raffia, at $980-1160/ton for injection and at $1050-1200/ton for PP block copolymer, all on a CIF SEA, cash equivalent basis. For PE, prices are reported at $1100-1240/ton for LDPE film and at $1100-1180/ton for HDPE film with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers