Southeast Asian producers raise PS offers
A Singaporean producer lifted its offers by $50-60/ton to $1230/ton for GPPS and $1260/ton for HIPS, CIF SEA, cash. A company source said, “We lifted our offers due to our higher styrene costs. The other regional producer’s price hikes also helped our firmer stance.”
A Thai producer, meanwhile, held its GPPS offers stable and raised HIPS offers by $30-50/ton. “HIPS demand was relatively better than GPPS and we applied different amounts of increase depending on the market,” a company source said. The producer’s new offer levels for GPPS were at $1180/ton and $1230-1250/ton CIF SEA, cash.
A Malaysian producer also lifted its HIPS offers by $20/ton to $1250/ton with the same terms.
The new offer levels are yet to find acceptance as no deal was reported at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market