Spain’s Cepsa closes sale of Canadian PTA plant to Indorama
Cepsa stated that the sale would allow them to focus its plans on those markets where they have a strong presence and ability to develop to their full potential assets such as its phenol, acetone and LAB/LABSA businesses in Spain, Canada, Brazil, China, and Indonesia. Meanwhile, the purchase of the Canadian PTA plant will enable Indorama to provide PTA integration to the company’s existing PET and fibers assets in the North America.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets