Spain’s Cepsa closes sale of Canadian PTA plant to Indorama
Cepsa stated that the sale would allow them to focus its plans on those markets where they have a strong presence and ability to develop to their full potential assets such as its phenol, acetone and LAB/LABSA businesses in Spain, Canada, Brazil, China, and Indonesia. Meanwhile, the purchase of the Canadian PTA plant will enable Indorama to provide PTA integration to the company’s existing PET and fibers assets in the North America.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint