Spain’s Repsol begins maintenance at its Puertollano complex
Previously, the company announced that they would close their 105,000 tons/year HDPE plant due to the unit’s lack of profitability and reduce their steam cracker capacity from the current 250,000 tons/year to around 100,000 tons/year. As part of the rationalization of the site, Repsol will also expand its capacity to produce high value added products such as EVA and polyols.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?