Spain’s Repsol’s net income posts hefty jump in 2014
The plunging crude oil prices resulted in a €606 million loss on earnings, however in the downstream business, the company posted €1.012 billion in income, up 111% from 2013 due to improved refining, gas and chemicals margins and higher sales volumes.
In addition, the company’s hydrocarbon production increased 2.5% to 354,500 barrels per day (bpd), which was halted by interruption of activity in Libya.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Premium of HDPE over LLDPE hits 16-month high in Turkey
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?