Spot PE deals continue to see increases in NWE
As for monthly contracts, most buyers predicted that they would settle their contracts at steady levels from August. In the case of LDPE, however, one converter in Switzerland reported settling their contract price for September with an increase of €10/ton this week.
Increases of around €20/ton have been reported on spot done deals ever since last week, but demand is reported to be very quiet and trading activity is thin, which has resulted in some suppliers stepping back on price increases this week as well.
A compounder in Germany reported paying an increase of €20/ton on their spot done deal for LDPE film and an increase of €40/ton for HDPE blow moulding. He commented, “We paid rollovers on HDPE injection and film this month and increases on HDPE bm and LDPE. Demand is very weak and we don’t expect to see an improvement in the next few weeks because we have already planned our orders with our end customers for October.”
A distributor in Germany said this week, “We are offering material for September mostly at a rollover compared with August. The exception is for HDPE injection for which we are seeking €20/ton increases over August. Demand is very quiet and we have been reducing our stocks because of the slow demand and uncertain future outlook.”
In the Netherlands a distributor said, “We concluded deals for HDPE blow moulding with increases of €10/ton. Our supplier is undergoing maintenance and so the availability is limited. We also tried to increase our HDPE injection prices by €10/ton, but demand is very quiet so we are now offering at a rollover.”
In France, a different story was reported from a distributor. He reported not being able to raise prices on any of the PE products including LDPE film and HDPE bm. He said, “We maintained our prices at the same levels as August due to slack demand. We are struggling to concluded deals and only receive a few orders.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s stormy week: Hike attempts emerge after 4 months in PP, PE markets
- PVC markets fail to extend gains to Oct on economic woes, low demand in Asia
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy